Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Gyorgy Ligeti's Music

I chose to listen to Lux Aeterna it was ten minutes long and all ten minutes I felt like I was floating through outer space. Its the kind of song that you would hear in star wars or in Star Trek. Its the kind of song that you would hear in a movie when someone is exploring the galaxy for the first time, or discovering something so amazing and new. It gives you a feeling of exploration and discovery. When I first listened to it I thought "I would never listen to this by choice", then I imagined where I would listen to this type of music. Movies came to mind when I asked myself that question. Then I pictured Star Wars and being caught in the drift of galaxy. I even ended up getting a little motion sickness, so I had to turn it off. This song is the perfect example of why motion films need to use music to emphasize movies. Without music you can't completely immerse yourself in what is going on. Music gives the movies that extra little boost in details, and especially and emotional response. Gyorgy Ligeti does that very well with his music, especially Lux Aeterna, it really helps you immerse yourself in what is going on. You can really feel what the music is saying to you. They say music speaks and Gyorgy Ligeti's music said something to me, and really opened up my imagination.   

No comments:

Post a Comment