Friday, October 3, 2014

Mark J Stock

Mark's collection is amazing. The fact that you can manipulate liquid on a computer, by using algorithms is so creative and outside of the box. My favorite piece of artwork of his is the CF_11_1179. It looks like its flowing even though it is a print. The fact that this picture is made by a series of intricate numbers set in a specific order is one of the most interesting things that I have ever seen. When you look at this picture you can seen anything that you want. It really opens up your imagination. The way that the colors are manipulated and placed really takes your imagination on a ride. I think that this is why I like this one that best, it makes me think of so many things when I look at it. I think of a field of flowers, or something magical like, fairies, or a genie being released from a bottle. These types of art are a way of opening peoples imaginations. Some of these creations are just absolutely breath taking. I love the fact that he was able to make all of these pictures unique in their own ways, also the way that he was able to create their movement without them even moving. At first glance you think that these pictures are a paused video, but they are really just pictures created through special mathematically calculated algorithms. Your mind sees them as moving and even though your eyes are looking at a still image. You perceive the movement without even seeing it moving. It uses your imagination in the portrayal of the image. These are really some of the most unique and beautiful pictures I have ever seen.

                                             http://markjstock.com/p101.html

No comments:

Post a Comment